Saturday, August 19, 2006

Mosquito



There was a mosquito in mom's room. It was so bad that I had to move out of her room. It was a little mosquito and anyone who's dealth with mosquito infestations know that the little ones are the most cunning ones. I was bitten twiice on the bottom of my foot, once on my ankle, once on my eyelid, and once on the palm of my right hand. Needless to say, one of my eyes looked as if someone's punched it. Finally, I gave up and moved out of my mom's room to mine. But periodically, there were bursts of "HELENA!! I hear it. I'm going to lay still...You come in and swat at it!" Of course after each of the outbursts, I ran back in her room, turned on the lights ,and swatted at small black moving dots abover her head. At 2 AM, the battle ended. Mom and I sat on her bed looking at each other. I was scratching the bottonm of my foot looking at her with one good eye, the other had been rendered usless by now. Her hair's all crinkled and messy. Mom bent over laughing. I made a face, stumbled back into my room, fell forward in a mound of disarrayed sheets, and passed out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should put one of those ultraviolet light bug zappers in your mom's room.... problem solved.