Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Living in a predominately Taiwanese neighborhood.

Living in a predominately Taiwanese neighborhood sucks. I will make sure we have good locks on our doors to keep out the busy bees. And there are A LOT of them.

We played tennis yesterday. I was playing with Grace and was very impressed on how much she progressed with just a little bit of instruction when an odious woman approached us. Within minutes, she has insulted Grace and changed my tennis partner. She first asked me if I was payed to play with Grace. NO. I play with Grace, not because she is a good player, but because she is good company. By then, I couldn't help making faces...I think my face turned red. She said proudly that she is so and so's mom. I shrugged and told her that I don't know her or her daughters. Impatiently, she goes on to tell me that she had been on vacation in California for the past 4 weeks. She repeats 4 weeks several times and sticks up four fingers like I didn't really get that she is telling me her husband has been in Formosa for a long and probably is an important man. Who gives a crap! We are not at work. SHE DOESN'T EVEN WORK. Don't you hate it when women have to use the status of their husbands to appease their insecurities for being idle? So, her daughter comes on the court. I assume that it's ok that Grace hit with us. OH NO. She comes up to me and tells me...not in a lowered voice and with no shame. "Grace is not your level nor my daughter's level." She needs to just watch you hit with my daughter. That is when I deemed her as an odious woman. There are a lot here, but she tops the list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

shoo fly don't bother me.. shoo fly don't bother me. haha