Thursday, July 19, 2007

Offshore Fishing

So, last weekend we plunged into the unknown by enlisting on Cary's Offshore Fishing trip. The trip going out was 1 hr offshore into no man's water. The ride there was SUPER Fun almost like a roller coaster ride. Then we stopped moving forward and just started swaying side to side. 5 min after we started swaying and drifting Charles started hanging off the side of the boat. His butt up in the air. I started feeling queezy...and Jenny didn't look too good either. Jenny sat near Charles...and I am pretty sure Charles made her puke first. Then I found myself hanging off the side gagging. The next few sentences are only for those with strong stomach. If you have a weak stomach, please skip the next few sentences. One of my friends at work told me that if you get seasick, "swallow what comes up and you'll be fine. It's an old navy trick" That is what I did. Did I puke for the entire trip. ABSOLUTELY NOT. Still I felt bad after all the gagging and seeing Jenny throw up repeatedly and ... fish guts flung off the boat... So, I did what I usually do when I feel bad...I went to sleep. As I was concentration on sleeping, I hear Vanhdy laughing AT ME. HOW CRUEL IS THAT?? He was laughing at me and Jenny because we were SEASICK along with half of the boat by this time. YOU KNOW WHAT! An hour later, he started throwing up like crazy. I mean puke out the nose and stuff. IT WAS GREAT. THAT's WHAT YOU GET VANHDY. MWHAHAHAHAHA.

As I was gagging and ... leaning off the side...I was thinking 1. "I want to jump." 2. "I want to kill Vanhdy." 3. "I really need to appreciate fishermen ... more." 4. "Damn Vanhdy stank up the bathroom with his puking for the rest of the boat" -- I had to hold off going to the bathroom for like 5 hrs. Vanhdy = Nasty

Congrats to Ben and Sunny for catching big FISH. :)

No comments: